- Dreaming of white cat means good luck. - American superstition
- To see a white cat on the road is lucky. - American superstition
- It is bad luck to see a white cat at night. - American superstition
- If a cat washes behind its ears, it will rain. - English superstition
- A strange black cat on your porch brings prosperity. - Scottish superstition
- A cat sneezing is a good omen for everyone who hears it. - Italian superstition
- A cat sleeping with all four paws tucked under means cold weather ahead. - English superstition
- When moving to a new home, always put the cat through the window instead of the door, so that it will not leave. - American superstition
- When you see a one-eyed cat, spit on your thumb, stamp it in the palm of your hand, and make a wish. The wish will come true. - American superstition
- In the Netherlands, cats were not allowed in rooms where private family discussions were going on. The Dutch believed that cats would definitely spread gossips around the town. - Netherlands superstition
- To reverse the bad luck curse of a black cat crossing your path, first walk in a circle, then go backward across the spot where it happened and count to 13.
It All Adds Up
© 2001 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.