Cat Quotes Page 18
- "I don't mind a cat, in its place. But its place is not in the middle of my back at 4 a.m." - Maynard Good Stoddard
- "When you're special to a cat, you're special indeed...she brings to you the gift of her preference of you, the sight of you, the sound of your voice, the touch of your hand." - Leonore Fleisher
- "Do you see that kitten chasing so prettily her own tail? If you could look with her eyes, you might see her surrounded with hundreds of figures performing complex dramas, with tragic and comic issues, long conversations, many characters, many ups and downs of fate." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "With dogs and people, it's love in big splashy colors. When you're involved with a cat, you're dealing in pastels." - Louis A. Camuti, D.V.M.
- "Chances are that a man who can nuzzle a kitten is also open and caring in other facets of his life." - Barbara L. Diamond
- "The cat lets Man support her. But unlike the dog, she is no handlicker. Furthermore, unlike Man's other great good friend the horse, the cat is no sweating serf of Man. The only labor she condescends to perform is to catch mice and rats, and that's fun." - Vance Packard
- "A catless writer is almost inconceivable. It's a perverse taste, really, since it would be easier to write with a herd of buffalo in the room than even one cat; they make nests in the notes and bite the end of the pen and walk on the typewriter keys." - Barbara Holland
- "The great charm of cats is their rampant egotism, their devil-may-care attitude toward responsibility, their disinclination to earn an honest dollar." - Robertson Davies
- "If a cat spoke, it would say things like, 'Hey, I don't see the problem here'." - Roy Blount,Jr.
- "Cats speak a subtle language in which few sounds carry many meanings, depending on how they are sung or purred. 'Mnrhnh' means comfortable soft chairs. It also means fish. It means genial companionship...and the absence of dogs." - Val Schaffner
- "Who hath a better friend than a cat?" - William Hardwin
- "Which is more beautiful--feline movement or feline stillness?" - Elizabeth Hamilton
- "Every dog has his day -- but the nights are reserved for the cats." - Unknown
Cat Quotes Page 19
It All Adds Up